This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Sluggish Cooker Jambalaya is loaded with tasty sausage, hen, and shrimp that will get cooked low and gradual to activate the daring spices. This hearty dinner is a simple meal that’s prepared with solely 10 minutes of prep!
One-pot meals are the right answer for busy nights! Cajun alfredo, shrimp creole, and foil packets are less difficult and flavor-packed meals that may brighten up a traditional weeknight.
Straightforward Sluggish Cooker Jambalaya Recipe
Sluggish cooker jambalaya is scrumptious, satisfying, and comes along with hardly any effort in any respect! Our household favourite gradual cooker recipes are usually honey garlic hen or beef suggestions, however this jambalaya is so good we’ve been including it into the common rotation. The best way the spices play with the tasty flavors of sausage and shrimp is so addictive. Savory, spicy, meaty, and juicy, I do know it is a dish you and your loved ones received’t give you the option to withstand getting second helpings of!
Jambalaya doesn’t should take lots of work. You possibly can simply prep and toss the entire substances collectively and let the gradual cooker do the work. Or, for an immediate taste enhance, brown the sausage with the onions and peppers earlier than including the substances to the gradual cooker. Both manner, with this recipe you save lots of effort and time. You possibly can go about your day, with the ability to return to a dinner filled with terrific New Orleans taste. This dinner is assured to be a success!
Elements in Sluggish Cooker Jambalaya
This shortlist of basic cajun substances comes collectively flawlessly. Varied spices mix collectively to create a heat, spicy meal that’s hearty and extremely scrumptious!
- Rooster Breasts: Boneless, skinless hen lower into chunks will match completely in your spoon.
- Andouille Sausage Hyperlinks: I slice these into bite-sized items.
- Shrimp: I like to make use of shrimp that’s massive, peeled and de-veined.
- Diced Tomatoes: Provides to the colour and enhances the jambalaya’s candy and salty taste.
- Onion, Pink Bell Pepper, Celery: These are the three important flavors that may be present in virtually any cajun dish.
- Rooster Broth: You want this liquid to prepare dinner your meat. I like utilizing hen broth as a result of it provides a touch of savory taste.
- Dried Thyme: Thyme pairs properly with the tomato and provides a little bit of a minty style.
- Dried Oregano: Provides a bitter and earthy spice to stability out the flavors.
- Cajun Seasoning: This rustic and daring seasoning mix provides a punch of spice.
- Cayenne Pepper: Provides much more earthy and spicy flavors.
Making Sluggish Cooker Jambalaya
This jambalaya might be a brand new household favourite, and it’s the quickest and straightforward to arrange. Merely mix all of the substances and let your gradual cooker work its magic! Actually, the toughest half is ready for it to be prepared as a result of the odor of this cooking is wonderful!
- Mix Elements: First, add all of the substances besides the shrimp into the gradual cooker. Then, merely stir to mix.
- Cook dinner: Subsequent, set the cooker to low for 7-8 hours (excessive for 3-4 hours), and within the final quarter-hour add within the shrimp.
- Serve: Serve over rice and luxuriate in!
Straightforward Jambalaya Ideas and Tips
This dish can simply be custom-made to match your particular person tastes. With these straightforward suggestions and recommendations, you’ll create the most effective jambalaya round!
- Gumbo or Jambalaya: The distinction between gumbo and jambalaya is that gumbo usually comprises a roux which is cooked to a deeply flavored brown stage. It comprises extra liquid like a stew and is crammed with greens like okra, bell peppers, celery, and onions. Jambalaya is a standard rice dish made in a single pot with extra meat than greens.
- Brown Your Meat: Do that earlier than including it into your crock pot. Browned meat is historically a key taste in jambalaya. Don’t skip this step if you’d like essentially the most genuine taste!
- High quality Sausage: Seasoned sausage is among the most vital components of this recipe. A very good high quality sausage can actually uplevel your jambalaya’s taste.
- Utilizing Different Meats: This dish is tremendous versatile and altering up the meat won’t intervene with the scrumptious outcomes! Beef tastes nice on this, too, so I additionally like so as to add in chuck roast. You may as well add in crawfish or crab meat.
- Add Sufficient Spice: If you’re planning on serving up your jambalaya with rice, be certain that it’s closely seasoned! Rice tends to absorb taste. Don’t be afraid so as to add in an additional sprint of cajun seasoning!
- Add Garnish: For an additional pop of taste, prime your jambalaya with chopped inexperienced onions or parsley. It provides it an fragrant end.
- Serve With: Serving your jambalaya with rice is the standard manner of getting it. I additionally wish to pair it with do-it-yourself cornbread or corn casserole for a candy, creamy distinction to its spicy taste. Moreover, hush puppies and fried okra are a few of my different favourite Southern sides!
Storing Leftover Jambalaya
I like how straightforward and scrumptious this recipe is, but additionally how wonderful leftovers style! Jambalaya is the right factor to have available for easy weeknight dinners.
- Within the Fridge: In an hermetic container, jambalaya will keep good for as much as 3 days.
- Reheating: You possibly can simply microwave jambalaya in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 second intervals till heat. My private favourite manner of reheating jambalaya is on the range. I really feel prefer it helps retain the entire scrumptious texture of the meat and shrimp. Warmth on medium, stirring continuously till warmed by.
Add all of the substances besides the shrimp into the gradual cooker and stir.
Cook dinner on low for 7-8 hours (excessive for 3-4 hours). Add the rice in 1 hour earlier than completed.
Add the shrimp within the final quarter-hour add within the shrimp.
Up to date on August 7, 2021
Initially Posted on April 10, 2018
Energy141kcal (7%)Carbohydrates4g (1%)Protein25g (50%)Fats3g (5%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Ldl cholesterol179mg (60%)Sodium797mg (33%)Potassium449mg (13%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A1025IU (21%)Vitamin C30.9mg (37%)Calcium106mg (11%)Iron2.4mg (13%)
All dietary info is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.