This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Roasted parmesan acorn squash is deliciously clean and loaded with taste! Blended with these wonderful spices, as soon as that is cooked up, you’ll have discovered your personal little slice of heaven!
Any greens you could roast up and eat on a dime are winners in my ebook! This recipe is particularly scrumptious while you serve it with some Rooster and Rice, these good rolls, and this yummy salad. Mix all of them and you’ll have a meal to recollect!!
Acorn Squash Recipe
It’s nearly Fall which implies it’s time for apples, pumpkins, and… SQUASH! Squash is certainly one of my favourite issues to make use of in my fall recipes! Acorn squash is a kind of greens that add such an incredible ingredient to any meal and make for some distinctive recipes all through the season! Extra well-known might be the butternut squash which is equally scrumptious however has a barely totally different style and texture. Acorn squash is small and greenish on the skin and yellow-orange on the within. It’s formed like an… you guessed it! An acorn! Acorn squash is often baked to acquire the perfect taste and texture.
Squash is wonderful as a result of you may safely depart it in your counter for a month or two! This implies you positively have time to prepare dinner this recipe a time or two! Choose some up when they’re on sale and get to this recipe at any time when you may! To select the proper acorn squash, you wish to look to for one that’s equal components orange AND inexperienced. All inexperienced signifies that it’s not fairly ripe sufficient and an excessive amount of orange signifies that it’s overripe. A combo of the 2 makes for the proper acorn squash! Upon getting picked out the proper one, you may roast up that acorn squash to perfection! This recipe is completely scrumptious and it’ll positively be one that you just make many times!
Elements for Roasted Acorn Squash
The substances that you want to roast acorn squash are easy! Open up your spice cabinet and I’m positive that you’ll have already got most of those substances which is able to make this recipe additional fast! See the recipe card beneath for an inventory of actual ingredient measurements.
- Acorn squash: Earlier than baking these, you will want to deseed them and reduce them up into quarters!
- Olive oil: It will assist your spices stick with the squash, creating that tremendous taste!
- Parmesan: Cheese is a MUST to finish this recipe!
- Parsley, thyme and garlic powder: A mix of spices that carry out a scrumptious earthy taste.
- Cayenne pepper: It will create some spice with out an excessive amount of warmth.
- Salt and pepper: These will enchance the style of the entire different substances!
Roast Acorn Squash with Parmesan
Making this recipe solely takes a couple of minutes! It’s tremendous easy and the longest half is simply ready for it to bake! You’ll love how roasting these squash makes them style SOO good!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Lay the acorn squash on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix and coat: In a small bowl mix oil, parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne, and pepper. Then, drizzle the combination over the squash till it’s evenly coated.
- Bake: Place within the oven and bake for 30-38 minutes or till tender and browned.
Eat Savory Acorn Squash
As a result of squash might be cooked in SO many various methods, a typical query that I get requested is about how you can eat it! Listed below are a couple of methods you could get pleasure from this wonderful roasted parmesan squash! Whichever means you like will style pleasant!
- Can I eat the pores and skin? Sure! When squash is roasted complete like this, the pores and skin turns into gentle sufficient to eat and is tremendous tasty!
- Can I eat it WITHOUT the pores and skin? Sure, once more! If consuming the pores and skin of veggies isn’t your factor, no worries! When a roasted squash is finished baking, the peel is so gentle that it separates from the meat fairly simply. This makes it straightforward to eat with out the pores and skin!
Variations of Straightforward Acorn Squash
Roasted squash might be made right into a candy or savory dish. The range is without doubt one of the very causes that I like it a lot! Listed below are a couple of concepts to change this up a bit of bit!
- Add greens and feta: Make a salad with it! Get some greens and feta cheese and reduce up this roasted squash and blend all of it collectively. It’s going to make an incredible salad!
- Make it candy: Add some syrup. Yep, you learn that proper, add syrup! As an alternative of utilizing these spices, reduce your acorn squash up into quarters and sprinkle 1 tsp of brown sugar down the middle of every quarter. When you’ve carried out that, then drizzle some maple syrup on high and bake at 400 levels for 35 minutes or till squash is tender!
- Bake up the seeds: Don’t let any a part of this acorn squash go to waste! While you deseed the squash, rinse the seeds and dry them off with a paper towel. Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle them with some oil and sprinkle on some garlic salt. Pop them within the oven for 325 levels for about 15-20 minutes and you’ll have some scrumptious seeds to eat alongside your roasted parmesan acorn squash!
Retailer Yellow Roasted Squash
I’m undecided that you’ll have any leftovers as a result of that is so scrumptious! However if you happen to do, right here is how one can correctly retailer and reheat them.
- Fridge: After your squash has cooled, retailer them in an hermetic container and place them in your fridge. They may final 3-5 days.
- Reheating: To reheat, broil for 2-4 minutes or till the squash have golden edges.
Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Lay the acorn squash on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl mix oil, parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne, and pepper.
Drizzle the combination over the squash till it is evenly coated. Place within the oven and bake for 30-38 minutes or till tender and browned.
Energy325kcal (16%)Carbohydrates39g (13%)Protein5g (10%)Fats19g (29%)Saturated Fats3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats13gLdl cholesterol2mg (1%)Sodium350mg (15%)Potassium1599mg (46%)Fiber7g (28%)Sugar10g (11%)Vitamin A6277IU (126%)Vitamin C56mg (68%)Calcium159mg (16%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary info relies on third get together calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.