This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Completely candy and tender, pulled pork is the very best on the subject of meat on your meal! This tried and true recipe is certainly one for the books!
This pork is SOO GOOD and a recipe that you’ll use many times! In case you beloved this pork, then strive these Tacos, this Tenderloin, or this scrumptious Candy and Bitter Pork!
Candy Pulled Pork
Cafe Rio is a restaurant in Utah that makes one of the best candy pulled pork! It’s so good that I wished to have the ability to make it at any time when I wished as a result of I completely love candy pulled pork! It’s so tender and juicy that it actually falls off of my fork after I go to eat it. It’s the absolute excellent meat so as to add to a salad as a result of it’s skinny and saucy!
This candy pulled pork solely takes a couple of minutes to place collectively. You marinate the meat in a single day. Then, you cook dinner all of it day within the sluggish cooker and so if you go to take it out, it’s completely accomplished. So not solely does this style divine but it surely’s a set it and overlook it type of meal! When it’s completed, I like making it right into a salad with some rice, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, tortilla strips, and this superb cilantro ranch dressing. It tastes precisely just like the salad from Cafe Rio! That is positively a recipe that you just and your loved ones will love!!
Substances for Candy Pulled Pork
This recipe will not be solely easy but it surely solely takes a couple of components to make! See the recipe card under for an inventory of tangible ingredient measurements.
- Pork shoulder roast: Getting the best lower of meat is necessary to creating this work. In case you can’t discover this in your grocery retailer then ask your butcher that can assist you!
- Coca Cola: That is what is going to soak into your meat in a single day making it so tender and juicy!
- Brown sugar: The brown sugar provides absolutely the excellent candy style to the pork.
- Garlic salt: Needing so as to add only a little bit of savory, this garlic salt does the trick!
- Inexperienced chilis: These inexperienced chilis add in a little bit little bit of spice with out the warmth.
- Crimson enchilada sauce: This helps so as to add taste and to thicken up the sauce.
Let’s Make Some Pork!
This candy pulled pork solely takes a couple of minutes to place collectively and might be completely definitely worth the wait ultimately! Go forward and check out it, you’ll be so glad that you just did!
- Marinate: Add the pork to a gallon sized ziplock bag and add ¼ cup brown sugar and 1 cup Coca Cola. Let marinate for 3 hours or in a single day.
- Rub with spices and cook dinner: Drain the marinade and add the pork to a 5 quart sluggish cooker. Rub with garlic salt and pour 1 cup of coke and cook dinner on low for 7-8 hours or excessive for 5-6.
- Shred the pork: Rigorously take away the pork from the sluggish cooker and discard the liquid. Shred the pork and return it to the sluggish cooker.
- Make the sauce: In a blender or meals processor add can of diced inexperienced chilis, enchilada sauce, and 1 cup brown sugar. (can use much less if wanted.)
- Add sauce to meat and serve: Add the sauce to the pork and stir. Then, let it cook dinner for an extra hour and serve.
This candy pulled pork is so superb! I’ve give you a couple of tricks to making this meat end up simply proper!
- Marinate: I do know that it’s tempting however DON’T skip the step to marinate this pork. If you are able to do it in a single day, then that can end up one of the best. This step is when the meat actually soaks in all of these scrumptious flavors. It’s what makes it so tender and juicy!
- Don’t use food plan: When you’re placing in your Coke, don’t use food plan! Make it possible for it’s common and never sugar free. You possibly can additionally use common Dr Pepper or Root Beeer for those who don’t have any Coke!
- What to make with it: You may make this right into a salad, toast up some buns and make some pulled pork sandwiches and even eat it with some potatoes and rolls. The choices are infinite, this candy pulled pork is so scrumptious!
Find out how to Retailer Leftovers
This can be a recipe that may be made forward and frozen for later! Or, you possibly can retailer your leftovers and eat them for lunch or dinner all through the week!
- Refrigerate: As soon as your pork has cooled then you possibly can retailer it in an hermetic container. Put it in your fridge and it’ll final 3-4 days!
- Freeze: Let your pork cool. As soon as it has, wrap it up in aluminum foil and place it in an hermetic container or a ziplock bag. Label the container with the date. Put it in your freezer and it’ll final for as much as 6 months!
- Reheat: To reheat leftovers from the fridge then you possibly can simply use the microwave. Reheat it for 1-2 minutes till it’s heat. If you’re reheating it from frozen then you should use a sluggish cooker! Put it in your sluggish cooker on low for 3-4 hours. It could take longer relying on how a lot meat was frozen. It’s accomplished and suitable for eating when it reaches 165 levels farenheit!
Add the pork to a gallon-sized ziplock bag and add ¼ cup brown sugar and 1 cup Coca-Cola. Let marinate for 3 hours or in a single day.
Drain the marinade and add the pork to a 5-quart sluggish cooker. Rub with garlic salt and pour 1 cup of coke and cook dinner on low for 7-8 hours or excessive for 5-6.
Rigorously take away the pork from the sluggish cooker and discard the liquid. Shred the pork and return it to the sluggish cooker.
In a blender or meals processor add a can of diced inexperienced chilis, enchilada sauce, and 1 cup brown sugar. (can use much less if wanted.)
Add the sauce to the pork and stir. Let cook dinner for an extra hour and serve.
Initially Posted on August 1, 2012
Energy470kcal (24%)Carbohydrates68g (23%)Protein27g (54%)Fats10g (15%)Saturated Fats3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats4gLdl cholesterol93mg (31%)Sodium591mg (25%)Potassium559mg (16%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar66g (73%)Vitamin A33IU (1%)Vitamin C8mg (10%)Calcium69mg (7%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.