This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Eggplant parmesan is a tangy, crispy, tacky masterpiece! Scrumptious eggplant lined in a pleasant mixture of herbs and spices, this recipe will knock your socks off!
Baked to perfection, eggplant parmesan is the proper entree for your loved ones meal. And if you wish to full your scrumptious Italian feast, prepare dinner up some Roasted Asparagus, a Hen Caesar Pasta Salad, and a few home made rolls. Your tastebuds will thanks later!
Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Eggplant parmesan hails from Italy! It’s a basic Italian dish that you will have seen on some Italian restaurant’s menu and puzzled what it’s or what it tastes like! Or perhaps, you puzzled the way it might be an Italian dish with out ANY pasta! Effectively, I’ll let you know all about it. Eggplant parmesan has a scrumptious mixture of herbs and spices, ooey-gooey melted cheese, and marinara sauce that give it a definite Italian taste. It’s coated and baked which makes it have a deliciously crispy texture! It’s a dish that your complete household will love!
Although genuine Italian eggplant parmesan doesn’t bread the eggplant, this recipe is superb and I really prefer it baked even higher this fashion! In actual fact, this recipe is so scrumptious that it’s a simple alternative and my youngsters even like it! And each time my youngsters love one thing that’s primarily based on a vegetable, properly… That’s a winner in my guide! Prepare dinner it up as a complete meal with a inexperienced salad, some veggies, and a few chocolate dessert. That is so superb and filling that it would be best to do this repeatedly! Belief me, it’s well worth the time that it takes to place this collectively! You gained’t remorse it!
Sweat it Out
Earlier than you start cooking this eggplant parmesan, you will want to sweat the eggplant. What this does it that it mainly drains all the moisture and bitterness out of the eggplant. Belief me, don’t skip this step! Your eggplant parmesan will style MUCH higher after you do that!
- Slice: Reduce up your eggplant into ½ thick slices.
- Set them out: Get out some paper towels and place them on a baking sheet. Go forward and refill the baking sheet along with your eggplant.
- Salt: Sprinkle them liberally with sea salt. Flip every slice over and do the identical to the opposite aspect.
- Wait: Allow them to sit like this in your counter for Half-hour. You will notice liquid begin to come out of the eggplant! That is the bitter moisture that you just WANT to return out. Which means the sweating course of is working!
- Rinse: After getting let the eggplant sweat for Half-hour, rinse every slice! Just be sure you rinse off all the extra salt and liquid.
- Pat dry: As soon as your slices have been totally rinsed, it would be best to pat all of them dry with a paper towel. Now, they’re able to season and prepare dinner! You may be amazed at how a lot this adjustments the flavour of your eggplant for the higher!
Substances in Eggplant Parmesan
Now that you’ve taken the time to let the eggplant sweat it out, it’s time to look over the remainder of the substances! See the recipe card beneath for an inventory of tangible measurements.
- Eggplant: It would be best to get 2 medium sized eggplant.
- Salt: That is for seasoning and letting the eggplant sweat.
- Flour: All goal flour is okay to make use of on this recipe!
- Eggs: Try to ensure that our eggs are at room temperature earlier than utilizing.
- Panko bread crumbs: Coating them with these will give it that scrumptious, crisp texture!
- Parmesan cheese: Parmesan cheese is basic to Italian recipes!
- Italian seasoning: This home made Italian seasoning takes lower than 5 minutes to make and is superb! In the event you can’t make it then you should utilize store-bought.
- Selfmade marinara sauce: I personally assume that this marinara sauce tastes the perfect! You can also make it beforehand! Or, you possibly can completely use store-bought marinara sauce if that’s all that you’ve!
- Mozzarella cheese: This scrumptious cheese shall be melted on high! Yum!
- Basil: Used to garnish and add in a delicous and contemporary taste!
The right way to Make Straightforward Eggplant Parmesan
You’ve got your whole substances and let the eggplant sweat it out which suggests… It’s time to bake this up! This dish is price each second that you just spend on it! Belief me, you’re going to like it!!
- Slice and sweat: Slice eggplant ½ inch thick creating 15 slices. Then, lay the eggplant on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and allow them to sweat all the bitter liquid for 30-45 minutes. Pat with a paper towel to dry.
- Combine cheese and eggs: Preheat oven to 375 levels. In a small bowl add the flour, one other small bowl add the Panko, ¾ cup parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning . After that, within the final small bowl whisk collectively the eggs.
- Coat: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip the eggplant first within the flour, second within the egg, and final within the Panko. After you dip it, then lay in a fair layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake till crispy: Bake for 25-Half-hour flipping midway by means of and bake till crispy and brown.
- Add sauce: In a 9×13 inch baking dish unfold ½ cup of the marinara within the backside. Then, lay half of the eggplant on high of the sauce. High with 2 cups of the marinara sacue and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. When you’ve completed that, then repeat the layer and finish with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle ¼ cup grated parmesan on the very high.
- Bake till cheese melts: Bake for 20-25 minutes or till cooked all through and the cheese is bubbly. As soon as it’s completed baking, then you possibly can serve with chopped basil for garnish if desired.
In the event you’ve by no means cooked eggplant parmesan earlier than, don’t let it intimidate you! Whereas it takes a little bit of time to make, it isn’t sophisticated and anybody can do it! Listed below are just a few ideas that will help you out!
- Do I must peel the eggplant? Nope! Make this simple on your self and go away the peel on! It’s utterly edible and provides a fantastic texture after it’s been cooked!
- How do I decide an eggplant? rule to comply with when selecting out your eggplant is to search for one that’s shiny. Additionally, if you decide it up, give it somewhat squeeze. It ought to have a tiny little bit of give to it. If it’s rock arduous, it’s not prepared and one that’s too comfortable is just too ripe!
- Let it relaxation: After you’ve gotten baked your eggplant, let it sit for 15+ minutes at room temperature after baking. In the event you attempt to reduce into it proper because it comes out of the oven, it is going to collapse. Give it a minute to set again up!
The right way to Retailer Leftovers
If you find yourself with leftovers of this eggplant parmesan, you possibly can completely retailer it and eat it later! In actual fact, it makes a fantastic lunch the following day!
- Refrigerate: As soon as your eggplant parmesan has cooled, place it in an hermetic container. Then, put it in your fridge and it may final there for 2-3 days!
- Reheat: Preheat your oven to 350 levels. Cowl in foil and prepare dinner eggplant parmesan for quarter-hour. Take off the foil and prepare dinner for one more 10 minutes or till the cheese is bubbly.
Slice eggplant ½ inch thick creating 15 slices. Lay the eggplant on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, and allow them to sweat all the bitter liquid for 30-45 minutes. Pat with a paper towel to dry.
Preheat oven to 375 levels. In a small bowl add the flour, one other small bowl add the Panko, ¾ cup parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Within the final small bowl whisk collectively the eggs.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip the eggplant first within the flour, second within the egg, and final within the Panko. Lay in a fair layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for 25-Half-hour flipping midway by means of and bake till crispy and brown.
In a 9×13 inch baking dish unfold ½ cup of the marinara within the backside. Lay half of the eggplant on high of the sauce. High with 2 cups of marinara sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layer and finish with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle ¼ cup grated parmesan on the very high.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or till cooked all through and the cheese is bubbly. Serve with chopped basil for garnish if desired.
Energy472kcal (24%)Carbohydrates43g (14%)Protein29g (58%)Fats21g (32%)Saturated Fats11g (55%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats6gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol152mg (51%)Sodium1647mg (69%)Potassium1046mg (30%)Fiber9g (36%)Sugar14g (16%)Vitamin A1414IU (28%)Vitamin C15mg (18%)Calcium568mg (57%)Iron5mg (28%)
All dietary data is predicated on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.